Behold the Swamp! Welcome to Trumpland!August 21, 2018
Remember when “the Donald” promised to “drain the swamp”?
Instead, he just brought a cadre of swamp creatures with him.
How can any sane person still be defending this guy? It is bewildering how his approval rating can be above 0%.
Trump’s primary claim to make up for his evident lack of competence was that he would “only hire the best people.”
Needless to say, this hasn’t worked out so well. In fact, many of his non-controversial appointments have been pretty suspect.
- And in addition to pleading guilty to campaign fraud, Cohen claims that Trump DID knowingly collude with the Russians to influence the election.
- Cohen also said he committed criminal acts on behalf of- and at the direction of- Donald Trump.
- Trump and his surrogates have affirmed Cohen’s integrity in the past.
- Trump himself assured us that Cohen would never do what he just did.
- In Twitter tantrum on April 21, 2018, Trump wrote that Cohen was a “fine person with a wonderful family” who is a “businessman for his own account/lawyer, who I have always liked and respected.”
- “Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media,” Trump added.
- And Manafort is not even close to being done with his legal woes with even more serious charges pending.
- Let’s not forget that Manafort was brought in to replace Corey Lewandowski who was fired from Trump campaign.
- And then we have his first National Security Advisor who has also pled guilty to a felony.
- And we cannot forget Donald Trump’s personal role in obstructing the investigation of crimes to which Flynn ultimately pled guilty.
If there was a clear rational basis for Trump to explain why he showed such incredibly poor judgment in his choice of top assistants, he has the opportunity to explain himself by talking to Robert Mueller but HE DOESN’T THINK HE CAN DO IT WITHOUT LYING UNDER OATH!!
But if you really, really need to find someone who will still defend Trump at this point, never fear: Sean Hannity is still committed to the coverup.
I have never been a fan of the Clintons. Maybe you could have somehow rationalized a vote for Trump based on your perception of the Clintons’ corruption.
But if you are still peddling that argument now as a reason to continue to support Trump despite the overwhelming evidence of his incompetence and corruption, may God help you because that is probably the only chance your muddled brain and twisted soul have left.
While all of this was easily predictable- and predicted– we should let bygones be bygones and find common ground to unite behind.
Given what we now know, that should be easy to do.